Font Public Relations runs Tasmania’s most informative and interactive media training. Whether you have an important announcement to make, or you need to set the record straight, you need to ensure that you get the message right the first time. Media training with Font Public Relations will show you how professional people communicate effectively via media channels.
Font Public Relations has run media training for professionals and managers successfully for many years and our media training is ideal for those on the frontline as well as those who provide the support and back up in times of media interest.
Some of the topics covered in the training session include:
- The different types of media channels
- How to effectively liaise with the media and build relationships
- Journalist terms (such as on/off the record and exclusives)
- When you shouldn’t talk to the media
- Managing crisis communications
- How to write media releases and media alerts and getting journalists to notice them
- Developing media kits
- Interview preparation and interview tactics, including a mock TV interview recorded on camera
Managing Director Becher Townshend has trained hundreds of Tasmanian corporate, government and community leaders over many years.
His background as a senior journalist and experienced public relations professional, coupled with an ability to interpret matters of interest from the journalist’s point-of-view makes Becher an ideal media trainer.
Relevent, current, informative
– Bill Costin – Sorell Council
Becher’s approach was with good humour, lots of examples and experience.
The practical parts in the afternoon were strong points.
– Stephen Carnaby – Anglican Church
Kept my interest throughout. A day well spent – confidence builder!
– Peter Bushby – Real Estate Institute of Tasmania
Simple, easy to follow messages. Practical interview helped put points into practice.
– Sally Faulkner – Calvary Health Care Tasmania
Made participants feel comfortable, kept them involved.
– Carol Cox – Mayor – Flinders Council
Great practical knowledge and very well presented. Excellent seminar.
– Nick Heath – Hobart City Council
Excellent, well paced, informative. Exceeded my expectations.
– Vanessa Cox – Tas ICT
Matched my requirements well
– Anna Curtayne – West Tamar Council
Thank you Becher- excellent
– Fiona Horwood – Menzies Research Centre
Excellent insight into how the media operates. Presenter’s knowledge and skill level shone through. Useful
– Phillip John – WorkCover Tasmania
Media training was fantastic, I would recommend it to anyone
– Peta Daley – Westpac Rescue Tasmania